Monday, July 2, 2012

PATAFA - Phil Road Racing (Leg 2)

Event Name: PATAFA - Philippine Road Racing Leg 2
Event Description: Race for the benefit of RP athletes
Event Date: July 01, 2012
Event Place: Quirino Grandstand, Manila
Gun Start: 5 AM
Race Category: 21K
Award: 1st Place Womens



Gun start for 21K was supposed to be 5 AM but instead we started at almost 6 AM already. Beforehand, I was torn between this and another enticing buddy run event which my team mates and I already planned to attend. But since I am aiming for longer mileage, I decided to drop the buddy run and registered here instead.


Upon arriving at the event place around 4 something AM, I had doubts already if the organizer still going to pursue the activity because they have not started any structural set up yet. It was uncomfortable seeing no other runners roaming around and had a little silly thought I was to run alone.


It was saddening to witness that this kind of event for a good cause is so not appealing to most of the runners in the country. Although I cannot blame our runners since the concurrent event was really enticing. Maybe due to lack of promotion caused a few registrants.


Good thing, Pinoy Fitness was invited to set up a booth in the event and thankfully Sir Jeff and Ms. Che arrived early to my comfort. So while waiting for the marshals to set up the area, we had a long chat together and also had the chance to meet the event host Bearwin (Runtarantantan), which in fairness, did a great job in hosting the event and motivating us cracking jokes to relieve our anxiety.


At last, the race started reducing my anxiousness but the father sun was up already torturing us the longest distance runners of the event. In spite of dry throat and the fatigue that hit me, I was so eager to finish the race so I could get on to the other event to meet my team mates. 




Rosanna on the left, a fellow winner whom I met during the race and paced together at the first kilometers.




On my way to a sweet finish and luckily earned the first spot. No medal (aside from the finisher's medal) but still so grateful to experience this kind of achievement and sort of giving me a boost to strive harder.




Taking a pose with the hosts as they are awarding us as the fastest in our category. Rosanna conquered the third place while me as first placer. Kami na ang podiumer!.. ;P


photo credits to pinoyfitness.com

No comments:

Post a Comment